Interview with Pizza Maker Extraordinaire: Anthony Tatum

Anthony Tatum

We sat down with one of our pizza chefs at Federal Pizza to learn more about the process of making the perfect pie.  You can learn more about this process by watching our Life of a Pizza video or by visiting Federal Pizza!  Today, hear about it from one of our chefs, Anthony Tatum!!

Anthony Tatum

If pizza dough were a person, what kind of person would it be?
Pizza dough is very sensitive so I’d say pizza dough would be like a child.  You can’t overexert it.  You have to be nice to it!

What’s the most complicated part of working with pizza dough?
Being able to notice the change in the dough over time.  It changes day to day.  Things like how it was rolled, how long it’s been at room temperature, the weather, etc. all have a huge impact on it.

What’s the weirdest topping you’ve ever had on a pizza?
Pears!  That’s crazy on a pizza.

What’s the most challenging part about making a pizza once it’s in the oven?
Letting the dough solidify enough to move it around so it won’t burn.  Avoiding moving it too early because then it will rip.

Start to finish, what’s your favorite part of the pizza-making process?
I love watching the pizzas cook in the oven.  The transition from a raw pizza to a finished product within 5 minutes is pretty awesome!

Anthony Tatum

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “Interview with Pizza Maker Extraordinaire: Anthony Tatum

1. Jill Pirolo says:

What an awesome, feeling, insightful guy this is! Will you make my pizza? Cuz this interview made my day!!!

2. Lori Wilson says:

That’s my boy!!!! Good job, Anthony. Oh, and Federal Pizza is delicious!!! I highly recommend it.

3. Sharon McGinness says:

Whoa! I know a superstar Pizza Artist! MMmmmm! Hey… save me a piece!

4. Dorothy Cederblom says:

Dorothy Cederblom sends congratulations! That’s your Italian blood line that make you do such a good job. By the way, where is Federal Pizza?

5. Shirley Spriggs says:

Anthony, I am your grandmother’s friend from high school. Congratulations on taking pride in your job. You do it with loving care.

6. Wilma Crissman says:

I AM ALL ATWITTER TO SEE SUCH A HANDSOME HUNK…..AND I DON’T MEAN PIZZA DOUGH. I AM SO-O-O-0 PROUD OF YOU, ANTHONY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK