Moving into fall we thought it would be awesome to explore some farm to table drinks in our Behind the Bar series. This week, we’re expanding on the traditional simple syrup we taught you to make in July. For some fall drinks that are full of flavor, give these two syrups a try!!
- 2 cups of peeled & diced pumpkin or yam
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Steam your pumpkin (or yam) for 20 minutes. Remove and cover until cool.
- In a mason jar, combine your pumpkin (or yam) with the rest of your spices. Put the lid on and give the jar a good shake to cover all of the pumpkin in the sugar and spice mix.
- Let the mixture sit for 8-12 hours.
- Strain the pumpkin out and save the sugary mix, the yield should be about 1 cup.
- Combine your sugar mix with an equal amount of water and mix well.
- Enjoy in your favorite latte, tea, or adult beverage!!