We love burgers around here. There’s something to be said about a perfectly seared patty topped with scrumptious caramelized onions, a flavorful aioli, that ripe slice of tomato, crunch of lettuce, and the gooey, melted cheese holding it all together on the soft and slightly crusty bun. In honor of National Hamburger Month we thought we’d share some tips from the chefs at Windsor for making the perfect hamburger.
- Start by creating your burger patties. We recommend using an 80/20 blend of ground chuck – bonus points if you grind your own meat (trust us, it’s worth it). Keep your patties in the refrigerator so they’ll be very cold when the hit the grill.
- Heat your grill up – the hotter, the better!!
- Throw your delicious burger onto your HOT grill and allow the meat to sear without moving it. Your burger is ready to flip when there is no resistance between the patty and the grill.
- Never press on the meat while it’s cooking!! This squeezes out all of the juices and leads to a dry, flavorless burger.
- Always toast your bun with some butter. That extra crunch is to-die-for.
How ’bout those toppings!?
Try caramelized onions, fresh slices of tomato, your favorite kind of cheese, or the regular suspects like ketchup, mustard, and mayo. You can get creative with your toppings too! Try potato chips, sriracha, BBQ sauce, olive tapenade, roasted veggies (think broccoli or red peppers), salsa, or green chili.
We hope you have the BEST National Hamburger Month!!!